Panorex imaging technology captures clear, sharp images of your teeth and other oral structures, including the jawbone, nerves, and soft tissues. This allows our dentist to detect and treat dental problems before they can cause significant damage, and to monitor your oral health more closely. We invite you to contact us at (253) 939-0700 to learn more about Panorex technology in Auburn, Washington, and to set up your appointment with Dr. Nuttall at Nuttall Smiles.
In order to provide you with the best possible care, it is essential for our dentist to accurately evaluate and diagnose your oral health. One of the state-of-the-art tools we use to do that is panoramic X-rays. While standard X-rays, called bitewing X-rays, provide us with a view of a few teeth and the supporting bone structure, panoramic X-rays allow us to view the full upper and lower dental arches — including all of the teeth, the upper and lower jawbones, and the surrounding facial structures. Using panoramic X-rays, our oral health professionals can:
- Assess the need for orthodontics and evaluate the progress of treatment
- Diagnose impacted wisdom teeth and other impacted teeth
- Analyze the development of periodontal disease
- Evaluate the TMJ (jaw joint) and diagnose a TMJ disorder
- Detect oral cancer
- Plan dental implant placement
- Diagnose cavities (tooth decay) and other dental problems
- Evaluate the extent of dental or facial trauma
- Detect abscesses, cysts and tumors
Using the panoramic X-ray machine is fast and comfortable. The machine simply rotates around your head and provides our dentist with high-definition, nearly instantaneous images that we can then use to evaluate your oral health. We invite you to call or visit us today to learn more about panoramic X-rays.