December 20, 2017
Have you ever heard of bruxism? If you are unaware of what bruxism is, it is an oral health condition in which you unconsciously grind, gnash, or clench your teeth. If left untreated it can cause numerous oral ailments, including chipped and cracked teeth, as well as severe tooth enamel loss. To determine if bruxism is affecting you while you sleep, ask yourself the following questions:
– Has a sleep partner or roommate ever complained about you loudly grinding your teeth while you sleep?
– Are there any symptoms of excessive wear or damage to your tooth enamel?
– When waking up in the morning, do you ever have any issues with jaw or face pain, or experience any muscle soreness or tired or tight jaw muscles?
– Are there any indications of earaches or headaches as you wake up?
– Are there any indications of cheek tissue damage due to you chewing on the inside of your mouth?
– Are there any indications of indentations or strange markings on your tongue?
– Have you ever suffered from any form of lockjaw in the past?
If you suffer from bruxism, speak with Nuttall Smiles at (253) 544-5501 to see if our night guards are right for you. If you are in need of a dentist in Auburn, Washington, you can schedule an oral examination with Dr. Kent Nuttall and our team at our dentist office.